TacomaACTS is a sustainability initiative facilitated by the Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber. The program, currently finishing its pilot year, engages businesses who are using a Carbon Footprint Calculator to measure their environmental impact. TacomaACTS also engages the community through educational outreach, technical services, and advocacy to grow a sustainable economy in Pierce County. An intern is needed for 10-15/week for 3-6 months. The position will be unpaid and located in downtown Tacoma at the Tacoma Pierce County Chamber.
Intern tasks include but are not limited to:
– Assist businesses on their carbon footprint and recommendation reports
– Help coordinate educational/outreach series
– Format and publish the TacomaACTS Alliance newsletter for electronic distribution
– Update TacomaACTS website with research, news, events and resources.
The successful applicant will be professional, creative, dependable, and have a genuine interest in sustainable development and the role of businesses. The applicant will also have the ability to perform in a work environment with intermittent supervision. Experience in WordPress and Microsoft Excel is preferred. This intern position is currently un-paid.
What you can get from this position:
– Experience on applying the triple bottom line to businesses in Pierce County.
– Networking opportunities
– How to use a carbon footprint calculator
– Desk with computer, phone, and a flexible working schedule
Please send your resume, cover letter and a short writing/project sample to the below contact by Oct 10, 2010. Email is preferred.
Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber
Attn: Stephanie Gowing
PO Box 1933
Tacoma, WA 98503