We will not be meeting tomorrow because we decided to only have 2 meetings over J-term. Since our meetings are Mondays (7pm in the UC Clubhouse), we will not be meeting for awhile due to holidays and the school schedule. Our next meeting will be February 22nd. Until then, here is what’s going on:
– February 4th, 5:30pm, the HUB: Tacoma Green Drinks (http://www.greendrinks.org/WA/Tacoma)
– February 9th, 6pm, Harstad: Painting party for the new Bike Co-Op. There will be free food!
– 1st week of school: Earth Week planning meeting. I’ll send out an update on what the enviro student leaders talk about.
– February: Round 2 of unPLUg
– February 12th, 8:30pm, CAVE: unPLUg concert with Noah Gunderson. Bring your own bottle for punch and $1 if you want to buy a reduced-rate CFL (compact fluorescent lightbulb)
– February 20th, 10am-1pm: Volunteer Planting at Clover Creek with the Cascade Land Conservancy.
– Mid-March: Bike Day with parade, free t-shirts, and firefighters selling helmets.
Also, Environmental Lobby Day was awesome!! We had so much fun talking with legislators and other environmental advocates. Here’s a video highlighting my district that shows how easy and fun it truly is to lobby: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7cJZyw3cfM I hope you all can make it next year! We still have Student Green Fee money that can be used towards energy conservation projects that needs to be used this year. The main project we have talked about is a green gym. There’s a lot of work that needs to be done before this can happen. Please email me back if you have any project suggestions, want to take part in a project/event, or have any questions.