- GREAN- held last meeting of fall semester, guest speaker from Food and Water Watch. Expressed interest in more lobby activities
- Dining- donating reusable bags for Christmas Luncheon, waiting for TBTT results
- RHA- Lids Off had mixed success, still sorting through
- ASPLU- King Corn film showing Dec. 8th at 8 in the Cave
- Environmental Services- RecycleMania starts Jan. 17th. There will be a conference in Portland Dec. 4th open to anyone who would like to get involved
- Facilities- Solar project underway. Looking to apply for $2,000,000 grant process in January. Over 400 kW system
- Development- Fellowship mini-PSE grants are due!!! Another PSE grant proposal is due March 26th. Students are asked to submit a research project centered around energy conservation. Application at plu.edu/sustainability
- Admissions- just finished transportation survey with mixed results. Looking to purchase reusable totes for orientation.
- Brian- 2020 is having their first meeting next week. Also, future fellows for the sustainability fellowships can be applying now.
- Sustainability Coordinator- unplug bracket 2 is coming up quick in February. Need input for promoting it. The South Sound Sustainability Summit and Expo is running on schedule, check on the website for more info.
Climate Action Plan
McKinstry is the consultant helping with this Climate Action Plan/Sustainability Plan
This is a comprehensive plan, and your input and unique perspective is vital.
Please send comments by Dec. 10th
This will be submitted to ACUPCC on Jan. 15th. Implementation will begin immediately
2010 Spring Semester Visioning for the Sustainability Committee
Every other meeting will be brief ½ hour updates, networking. Opposite meeting will be longer working groups based on specific topics. Still meeting every other week.
A doodle link is attached to this email asking you to submit your availability for a typical week in spring semester
Possible Working Group Topics (ranked by most to least votes)
Sustainability in Orientation (both student and staff)
Marketing for Sustainability Projects
Student Green Fee allocations
Computer Shut Down
Composting around Campus