General Description: The Sustainability Assistant will be primarily working on Sustainability Tracking, Assessment & Rating System (STARS). This rating system of campus sustainability will be used to benchmark current practices and set future goals. The Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE) designed STARS to:
- Provide a guide for advancing sustainability in all sectors of higher education.
- Enable meaningful comparisons over time and across institutions by establishing a common standard of measurement for sustainability in higher education.
- Create incentives for continual improvement toward sustainability.
- Facilitate information sharing about higher education sustainability practices and performance.
- Build a stronger, more diverse campus sustainability community.
The Sustainability Assistant be communicating with all campus departments and keeping detailed records of their sustainability efforts. Other duties such as website maintenance, event planning or Facilitates Management Front Desk tasks will be assigned as needed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to work well as an individual, as an active member of a team, and without close supervision
- Strong interest in issues related to sustainability
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office